Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Middle of Conflict

This donkey has a bad fate. Sacrifice indeed!
---------------------------------------------------------
No Climbing.
------------------------------------------------
The moon rises over a mountain in the Wadi Rum desert.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel buddy Mike takes time to run down a red sand dune. The sand was hot and covered EVERYTHING.
----------------------------------------------
Desert police. These guys patrol to keep the Bedouins in check.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As I was walking through the desert a herd of sheep came to check me out. This guy was interested in my camera.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I soon found out who owned the sheep. A roaming gang of kids.
---------------------------------------------------------
Camels are everywhere. The smell is horrific.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself in the middle of a conflict recently that was ready to turn into an all out war.
West Bank? Nope.
Gaza? Nope.
I was in between two fruit juice vendors on a street in Amman Jordan, enjoying a mug of fresh orange juice. I am not even sure how it started but I assume it was over one guy getting more business. The first guy was young and brash, the other probably nearing retirement. Words were thrown, and at one point the young guy picked up a honeydew melon and was about to throw it when his friend held him back. I have to thank his friend as I was sitting directly in the line of fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home