Sunday, May 31, 2009

Guns 'N' Moses





This was my day today. Western Wall and more old City walking. Once again I still feel like death warmed over. Not sure what it is, but something is sucking all of my energy and appetite. I forced myself to eat at one point and then promptly felt like ass. However, I soldier on.

This place is like a circus. Build a big wall around a city, divide it into four sectors of maze-like streets, and then add in Christians, Jews, Muslims and Armenians. That is the current state of Jerusalem. Down all of the main streets are stores and stalls selling the worst bastardization of their history imaginable. Guns' N Moses T-shirts, Jesus bobble heads next to Hassidic Jew bobble heads. On the walls, graffiti protesting a Free Gaza and Palestinian state.

However, I still like it here. The history is undeniable. I am staying in a hostel on St. Mark Street and my dorm room is an old cathedral of a long defunct Christian Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home