Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Holy Land




After a hellishly early flight from Delhi, I arrived at Amman Jordan finally. My trip is winding down and I am having mixed feelings about it. I'll start by saying that I love the Middle East. The people are friendly, the food is pretty decent and the views are amazing. The down side is that the cost is relatively high.

I stayed in Amman for a few days, mostly due to the fact that after I settled into my hotel I had a bout of the traveler sickness. I am fully blaming it on India. After I had that wrapped up it was off to Jerusalem Via the King Hussein Bridge (and through the West Bank) The crossing really wasn't as bad as everything I have read made it seem. Sure there were infinite passport checks, big guys with bigger guns and a plethora of searches, but in all I made the trip in about 4 hours.

So here I am, sitting in a hostel in the old part of Jerusalem, spending three days here and then off to Ramallah in The West Bank for a couple more before hitting Jordan again for Petra, The Dead Sea, and Wadi Rum. Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home