Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Day In India


A common sight in Pahar Ganj and all of Delhi, a cow lazily relaxes while daily life goes by without concern.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't give Delhi a fair shot. I will be right upfront about that. I came here are a very good time in South East Asia and was riding the high of good travel with friends. I came here and it was not what I was expecting. It was dirty, busy and full of touts.

After hanging out with Brent for a couple days, I realized that not all of Delhi is like Pahar Ganj. There are parts that are actually nice. And even some of the local people are really cool and not just out to get your money. For example, on the bus ride back from Jaipur I met a local who shared a taxi with me to Pahar Ganj and when I offered to pay for it, he rufused to accept anything.

I was close-minded and it led to me having a bad few days. Here is to the real Delhi. Chalk full of cows, cars and garbage. In all its fun glory.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vance,Dragon Boat Festival here in China.
Hope everything is ok at your end.
Have a nice trip.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home