Thursday, March 12, 2009




Well my trip has begun. It has also begun on a strange note. My visa was expired. What does that mean? Well after one day with Clay and Amy, I had to send them off to Beijing yesterday while I made an emergency Visa run to Hong Kong via Shenzhen China. If all goes well, I'll get my visa tomorrow by 2 pm and be on a plane by 4 or 5 pm to meet them in Beijing by 10. With luck, it won't take that long even. This has been a bit of a nightmare of a start but at least things really can only get better.

On a plus side, I am in my favorite city in the world. Hong Kong just has a vibe about it that I love. No other city has had the same feeling to it. Shanghai comes close sometimes, but it just isn't Hong Kong. This place screams trend setting city.

Also, The Star Phoenix will be running updates of my trip on their website. Look for it under the blog section on the site. I'll post a link once I find out what it is.

Addition...I went to buy a 50mm lens to replace my long-defunct one and while testing it at the store, it became stuck on my camera. The shop owner was truly sorry, but since it was unclear whether it was the lens or the camera he was unwilling to do anything more than give it to me for cost. He said that he could send it to Canon service in Hong Kong, but as I am leaving for Beijing I said that I would take care of it myself. I get back to my hotel and realize that Canon service is in the building next to my hotel. The plan, drop it off in the morning and pick it up in two weeks when I am back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home