Friday, November 28, 2008

Strange Days

So I woke up this morning rather late for me. 7:15 am. I rolled around in bed for a while debating what I should do. The sun was shinning in my window. I reached over to my desk and grabbed "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah. It's a book that I picked up a while back and just didn't begin.

Well I started on page one. Next thing I knew, it was 1:30 pm, the book was finished and I was in disbelief and amazement at what he went through. It is basically a biography of Ishmael's life as a child soldier in Sierra Leone. He is about the same age as me and when I think that while I was hopping curbs on my BMX, he was strung out of cocaine and killing people, it makes my head hurt.

Also, tonight I was walking home from the park and happened upon a funny scene. A man who had obviously had too many beers was exiting a bar. He looked agitated. He grabbed a chair that was outside a restaurant, lifted it over his head and threw it into the window of he restaurant. Surprisingly the window didn't break. Due to what I think was Chinese quality control deficiency, the CHAIR broke into about 50 pieces as it hit the window. An old lady of about 60 years of age came out and started to shove the man who looked to be about 40. I thought about intervening but what could I really do but get deported or something along those lines. Things settled and I left.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home