Monday, November 24, 2008

Urban Explorer






What happens when you have free time and google earth? You find cool, bizarre places that are near your house.

Enter Tiandu City. An entire city that was recently built entirely in a French Colonial style, complete with an Eiffel tower replica. I spent the day there today taking pictures and had a strange feeling. Here I was, in a town that was way out of the ordinary. Add to the fact that since it is very new, most of the building are empty. This leads to a lack of people milling about. It is effectively a ghost town.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Somedays I feel like I am in a movie. Walkng around with my iPod gives me the soundtrack, people all seem like extras. It is a little surreal to think that I have lived in China for nine months. I've been thinking about what I want to do next year. The more I think about it, the more I think that China is still going to be my residence. Just trying to decide on Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home