Monday, March 19, 2007

More Words

Ok, Here is the words about the past week. I am back safe and sound. It was a dang long trip in the bus, however it was about the best time I have ever had. I could not have asked for a better group of people to travel with. The entire trip was mind blowing. The locals have so little yet they are more than willing to give what they do have.

Chris and I (Chris was the videographer from YFC - the group putting on the trip) were given a truck to use for the week by a local, Sidney. He was a cool guy with a crazy accent. It reminded me of the coach from the movie Water Boy. I was able to wander to the different sites and get lots of pictures and talk to lots of locals. It was cool to see a lifestyle that is so different from Saskatchewan and Ontario.

I was also made a leader for small groups. Basically at the end of the day, I took my 4 girls and one guy and do a debriefing on the days activities. It was really cool and reminded me of being a junior councilor at camp.

There really isn't enough words to describe the trip. It was so intense. The kids were amazing. I learned a lot about myself and being outgoing. Time to grab the bull by the horns.

I also realized that I made the right decision. Leaving computers and doing photography was the right thing to do. I was seriously concerned about that in the past month with the end of school coming up, but this proved to me that I can do it. I rule!

Once I find a better gallery program, I'll upload some more pictures. Simpleviewer on a MAC is not working as demonstrated by my galleries that DON'T work like they should.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you were an amazing photographer/friend on our amazing trip.
Nadene-Grace

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home