Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day One
So here I am, 21 hours of driving later, in Bogalusa Louisiana. I survived the trip down. 46 people in total. By the end the bus was not a pretty smelling flower of a vehicle... But it was a good trip. I think the project is going to be a blast. The group is great, everyone is a blast. I got to eat my White Castle. As I am leeching this internet connection from a law office I should keep it short. First impressions of the place, lots of destruction, but also a great sense of community. The locals are great, but hard to understand at times...
Later all.



Day 2...
I shot 300 pictures today. Editing is going to be a nightmare. I also got some audio for a slideshow. It is amazing what these people don't have and need. It is also crazy the governmental red tape that is killing the place. Anheiser Bush stopped beer production to can water for those displaced, they put a best before date of one year. Because of that date was a year ago, there is a warehouse of this water that CAN NOT be given out even though it is perfectly good. Ahh bureaucracy. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home