Friday, February 16, 2007

Fun ahead

Before I get on with the pictures, I have big news! I am headed to Bogalusa Louisiana to document a youth group as they rebuild houses that were destroyed by Katrina. It is a 9 day trip and i have full access while there. I met with the group leader today. I was shocked that he is only a year older than myself. Plus he is a really nice guy... I am nervous and excited at the same time. This is by far, the biggest story that I have worked on.

This is my desk. This is how I spent lots of last semester. I spend less time in the studio this semester. I am going to miss ths place come April...

Nikki and I were messing around in the studio. I want to practice my lighting with off-camera flashes. Most papers do lots of EVPs so I thought I should get better at it while I am still here.

Belleville Bulls # 33 Kevin Lalande stops the puck in the first period on the Valentines day game in Belleville. The Bulls lost 4-3 to Toronto St. Michael's Majors for their third loss in a row. Despite the recent loosing streak, the Bulls are still ranked #1 in the East division.

Going through change for the bus today I found this. Strange to see a 73 year old coin still in circulation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Burke said...

Hey Lance. glad to have you coming on the trip with us, it will surely be a blast, and we're excited to see all the pics that get taken.

I've started up a site for the trip, which we will be updating everyday, more so for the parents of the teens back home, so they can see what we're doing, so hopefully we can use some of your shots for it... bring your card reader along so i can snag some for the site www.qyfcprojectserve.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Louisiana trip! That's a really cool opportunity for you, "Lance"!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Burke said...

by lance, i meant vance!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home