Friday, May 19, 2006



This here is Matt Simms. He was jumping for the midget boys long jump at the COSSA track and field event May 18th 2006 in Beleville Ontario. I have to say thanks to him. This picture got me published in the Intelligencer. I have never been published so this was a big thing for me.

Photographing this was a big learning experrience. I was assigned a school to shoot and had a real deadline. I was outthere at 8 in the morning and didn't get to the lab until 6 pm, then I had to edit 300 images down to 4 to submit, AND I had to have them color corrected, cropped and sent in by 8 pm or I would have missed the press run. Oh and did I mention that it was raining at the meet? Plastic bag on the camera and all. But somehow I managed to still burn my freshly shaved head.

However I wouldn't give it up for anything...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats bro! I am so excited for you. Ill txt ya sometime.

Love from,
your lil sis:)

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, way to go, congrats on your first publication!

yc

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Friday, June 30, 2006 4:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home