Saturday, May 06, 2006




Here are a couple shots for school from a recent outting. The first one is from the Walleye World Fishing Derby. Yes, you read that right. Matt, and I were out at 12:01 am last night to get shots of the boats launching for the derby. This morning I met up with Matt and Aidas to get shots of the boats bringing the catch in. It is probably the first news worthy thing I have shot since being down here. Strange what makes the news in the smaller towns.

The second photo is Mathew Sinclair, A member of the Kinsmen Rotary Club. They have a "Toll Street fundraiser" where any car that passes through the toll booth is encouraged to donate. The group of guys were very enthusiastic to have their photos taken. I don't think they get too much press.

In other Belleville news, I no longer live in Res. I moved into town with Matt. We have a 5 bedroom house to ourselves. It's nice becuase it is in walking distance to pretty much everything worth photographing. The downside is I am now at least one bus ride to the school labs. I can do pretty much all my editing on my laptop, but the school computers and lab are more conducive to getting work done. The house is also owned by a couple of former Loyalist photojournalism grads, one who just got back from Afghanistan yesterday.

School is simply amazing. The teachers are all super nice and make the classes very interesting. It is always a downer when classes are over. Frank the main teacher is quite an interesting guy. He gets off on rants quite frequently and always has an interesting story about the most random topics.

Another nice thing about school, getting to use the equipment pool. Like right now I have a 300 2.8 and 2x converter. Now just need to go find a soccer game to shoot.

I found the most great thing here. Boh in bottles. Yes that is right, a liittle taste of home. There is a difference though. I can tell that they use local water. The taste is slightly off.

So I have been getting a lack of emails and comments here. Come on guys, step it up!

3 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I really like that first picture. :) He looks confused as to why you've taken his picture, but he's all like "Hey, check out my fish?" The 2nd one he looks really cute and shy in the picture. But yeah, I can see how they'd be happy with getting their pictures taken. Nice shots. :)

Nice score on the 5 bedroom house! Is it expensive?

Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Blue4130 said...

The house is costng me $400 a month. Same as Res.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger mopar_man said...

What Steve said.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home