Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The struggle within



I have a bit over four months left on my visa for China. I have been here for nearly 8 months. On October 29th it will be the eight month mark. I look back and think of what I have done and accomplished and I am a little disappointed. I only recently hit my stride with my photos. The downside is that I can't show them off yet because they are all on film.

I think of what I will be doing in one years time. This is something that I have been going over lots lately. My plans and ambitions have changed so much over the past two years. I never thought I'd be in China (that's a bit of a lie - I had the plan, i just didn't think I'd follow through).

I have been tossing around the idea of being unemployed for the summer and spend it in Canada, locked away in a darkroom, making prints and trying to get a gallery spot. After that it is really up in the air. Hong Kong can be heard calling my name. It's calling pretty loud.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your a brilliant photojournalist. I have been following your blog. Absolutely brilliant. never stop perfecting.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger A few words about Lisa.... said...

Come back to Canada. Good things will happen.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think these two pics are my favorite so far. You know, it's so interesting seeing my little hometown through the eyes of a non-Chinese tourist...esp since hardly any tourists go to Linping in the first place. It's like hey that's people's square...and yet it's so different. Anyway, sorry to hear you are not having a savvy time right now but keep on chugging good sir.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home