Thursday, September 04, 2008

Visitors - a fleeting bit of joy

Hot Pot. Think of Fondu. This caused some major cases of fire-ass.
In the boat, chimping pictures.
West Lake and the Hangzhou city sky line.
-----------------------------------------------
Well, Danielle and Brian have come and gone. For a week, we ate, drank and experienced China in a way that only we could. My very limited Chinese managed to get us through most situations. It was interesting walking around with Danielle and her attention-getting full arm tattoo. Literally everywhere we went, people would stare. Some would take pictures. Many jokes were made about Danielle and Brian getting mistaken for Angelina and Brad, coming to China to pick out another baby for adoption.

They left today for Xian. Already my apartment feels empty and I miss having people who speak English to talk to. My hours are all at night, so I don't have time to go out and meet people as I am at home when they are working and working when they are free. There is also the fact that in my town, there is about 1% of the population who can actually speak enough English to carry on a decent conversation.

Why am I still here? That is a question that I have been asking myself lately...

Six months down. Six to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home