Friday, August 08, 2008

Linping - A city divided


This is what I see many mornings, afternoons and nights. My neighbors like the fireworks... Just so you get a scale of how close this is to me, I shot this with a 16mm lens on a 30D. They are literally one building away.
------------------------------------------------------------
There are things here that continue to amaze me. Linping is a small city. When I say small, I mean area, there is no shortage of people. The thing that really makes me think is when I talk to people that have never been downtown. This is a factory town. As such, many employees live in the provided dorm apartments. Markets and small stores are everywhere so they have no NEED to leave their little comfort zone of the factory.

When I go downtown, 90% of the time I do not buy anything or have any reason to go there. I just go to explore. I have the need to see places that I have never been to. I have been like this as long as I can remember. Back on Adelaide Street, I would venture to the Exhibition and wander in the horse stables. Later when we moved to Clark Cr, I ventured past 8th street and found Doug's Spoke N Sport. I came to China because I have never lived out of Canada, why take baby steps when my legs are long?

I guess the point of this post is just to let people know that the world is a big place, explore it. Even if it is your own city. Go to that market in the ethnic part of town. Check out the industrial area. Just got out of your apartment complex.

Lan, If you happen to read this, fire me off an e-mail.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger A few words about Lisa.... said...

I love exploring saskatoon. There is still lots I havent seen. I love going down back alleys on the west side. lol

Friday, August 08, 2008 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home