Monday, April 09, 2007

You can't fucking herd geese

Kay Vennett holds a photo of her father, Pte. Pat Gleason, who fought in World War One at the battle of Vimy Ridge. The battle that took place 90 years ago claimed 3,598 Canadians before it was won. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)

Terry Beaton shows his frustration as he tries to return some CD's and books at the Frances Morrison library on Monday. The pile of returned goods was so high that items could not be left in the drop slot. "If I left and someone took them, I'd be billed a couple hundred dollars" commented Beaton. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)

Nick, one of the raddest up and coming shooters in Canada. Watch this guy. He is going places.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as for the title... I wanted a nice wide angle shot of geese. There are about 60 that hang out in a park in downtown Saskatoon. I set up a remote cam, put some bread in front of the lens and then tried to heard the geese towards my camera. End result? No picture other than shots of me chasing geese. these birds are smart...

As for the job, I love it. This place is great, however i know that I want to do long term projects. Bogalusa was great. I want that feeling again.

1 Comments:

Blogger mopar_man said...

I also failed at herding geese. I didn't attempt to do what you did with the bread and remote but I attempted to circle them on the water to where I wanted them. Not once did they come towards me for a decent picture. Ducks and geese will rat you out too so that the rest of them know you are approaching.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home