Saturday, March 31, 2007

F***ing Paparazzi

Gord Waldner of the Star Phoenix gets star struck as Canadian Idol Judge Sass Jordan arrives at the 2007 Juno awards March 30th. Shortly after, Jordan commandeered Waldner's camera and turned the tables on the photographer to the stars. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)
Turning the tables on the Star Phoenix photographers,Canadian Idol judge Sass Jordan grabs staff photographer Gord Waldner's camera and demonstrates the proper way to take celebrity photographs. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)


So yesterday at the airport, I was shooting the Canadian stars as they came in. Same as the previous day. I see Ben Kowalewicz of Billy Talent. I ask him if I can grab a shot of him, he says sure, I take the shot and then as I am walking away he calls me f***ing paparazzi. Jerk. I have a big problem with this. First off, I identified myself as a shooter for the Star Phoenix, then asked if I could get a shot. He agreed. Whatever. In the end, i got two shots in the paper. Neither ones were what I would have picked. Ahh well, two shots is two shots. One color, one B&W.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Burke said...

LOL thats tooo funny!! I wish I could get told off by Ben Kowalewicz!

Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger mopar_man said...

I always thought Billy Talent was a group of no-talent assclowns. I'm not sure how much lower my opinion of them can go now.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god why is it so stupid when ben kowalewicz is shouting fucking paparazzi ??? i mean, if you would be a famous person and everywhere you go you can see paparazzis round ya you wouldn't like it too just imagen this situation, think before ya speak!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Blue4130 said...

To who ever posted as anonymous,

There is a big difference between being a paparazzi and being a staff photographer for a daily news paper.

The fact is that I *asked* if I could get the shot and he agreed. If I was paparazzi I would have just walked up to him, cameras blazing away on motor drive...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home