Monday, April 23, 2007


Saskatoon Police were called to the University at just before 5 pm. There was a report that a man was spotted carrying a gun on campus. Police locked down certain buildings but no gunman was found.(Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)


One woman was taken to Royal University Hospital after a hit and run on Thursday shortly after 2 PM. The woman, in her mid 40's, was crossing Ave F at 22nd street. The woman was conscious and stable condition with undetermined injuries after a silver SUV hit her. The driver of the SUV fled the scene after initially stopping to check on the lady. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)


Maura Davies, President & CEO of Saskatoon Regional Health Authority, answers questions at the press conference announcing the approval of a new Childrens Hospital in Saskatoon.(Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the internship is done. My final day was on Friday. What a way to end the shift. I was filing pictures at the office when I heard the scanner go nuts. Someone at the U of S apparently saw a gunman on campus. Well needless to say, I jumped up, grabbed a reporter and booked it down there. After much standing around and chatting with other media people, they called off the search and we went back to the office. That will be one thing I miss. The adrenaline of the scanner. I think I will have to get one of my own...

Nick comes into town on Wednesday, and then we are off to WCNPA news conference. Should be good times. I dig road trips. Plus I should get to see lots of people I haven't seen in ages. So if you are in Vancouver and have some time, call my cell.

I have a couple projects that I am going to start now that I have an excess of time on my hands. I know that I should get a part time job, but I just really want to shoot. And these two projects are sellable. So technically I would be working...

2 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Get on it, Vance!
I'm living my career vicariously through my classmates - get out and do everything you can, if only because I can't.

- love brant

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:05:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Burke said...

got my camera today!!!! Nikon d40!!

Monday, April 30, 2007 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home