Monday, April 16, 2007

It sounds so soothing to mix a drink and sink into oblivion.

Gerry Hagen hold one of three bullets that pierced his body. Hagen was shot three times by unknown assailants at his residence in Mexico. A supervisor for a Canadian drilling company that has operations in Mexico, Hagen spent lots of time in the region leading up to the shooting. In charge of the payroll, Hagen is unsure if the shooting was a robbery gone wrong or an unhappy employee of a recently fired water company out for revenge. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)


Karen Fryson, a resident of the Parkridge Centre, spends time in the Sensory Room on Monday, a space dedicated to rehabilitation utilizing sight, sound and smell. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)


Wayne Hauck, a resident of the Parkridge Centre, spends time in the Sensory Room on Monday, a space dedicated to rehabilitation utilizing sight, sound and smell. (Vance Lester/Star Phoenix)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it was a solo day for me today at work. I was the only photog on duty as the other three were in training. Once they were out of training I talked to a couple of them for a while and they all seem quite happy with my performance there. Only if I could get on full time. I think I could be quite happy at a paper of that size...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vance!
Those are some good looking portraits! I'm glad that you're "living your dream."

I never got to talk to you about how your trip south went!

Take care!
-dario

Saturday, April 21, 2007 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home