Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Once again, pictures are down

Looks like once again, pictures on blogger are not working in my part of China. Too bad, I was out walking around the other day taking more street shots. I'll try again later.

I have now been in China for over three months. I have a resident card, a year long visa, and have settled into my life nicely. I have a decent base of friends. The city is not unfamiliar to me any more. I am picking up more Chinese words every day.

Some things about China are irritating however.

Spitting. Everyone here spits. In Beijing they are trying to curb it before the olympics. Here, they are not. You can't walk ten feet without someone letting some golden phlegm exit their mouth. It is a habit that I refuse to indulge in. I find it rather repulsive. Always have, always will.

Public urination. At least once every couple days, I will happen to pass guys going to the bathroom in the side of the sidewalk. Without shame, they step to the side without finding a bush or any other means to obstruct themselves from view, and open their pants and water the street. I am all for getting back to nature and fully embracing ones primal urge, but at least walk two steps to the light pole, or shrub. A little tact is not hard to muster up.

Courtesy. When I say this, I mean for waiting in lines. There are no lines here. If you are waiting to get a burger at Mc'Donalds, it is a free for all. You just shove your way to the front. If you don't, you will be a hungry and unhappy Mc'Person.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm extremely sorry for these things.
do forgive these unpleasant things here in china.
we all hope people will be polite and endeavor to be more considerate of others.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home