Friday, May 02, 2008

100 Days to the Games in China





Images from a parade in Peoples Square in Linping celebrating the 100 day countdown to the Olympics.
----------------------------------------------------------
So I have now eaten turtle AND snake. Yesterday was May Day - a big holiday. I was invited to go rafting (Or drifting as all the signs say) at a famous park near Linping. It was a great day, sunny, hot and no real wind. I started my glorious farmer tan that I pride myself of.

After rafting, lunch was served. There were no snakes on a plane, they were all on my plate. And they tasted damn fine.

On an unrelated topic, I have started to use my 50mm lens as my standard carry around lens. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Makes my camera WAY lighter, gives me extra light when I need it (It's a 1.8 compared to my 16-35 2.8) and the images look great. Call it a back to basics approach, since back in my film days, my 50 1.7 Minolta was my most used lens...

No deep words of wisdom or advice this post. Just a fun spring ramble. Oh and spring here is 30'C...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home