Saturday, September 23, 2006

All Your Base Are Belong To Us





Well I was at the base this afternoon, I was there on assignment from the Pioneer, shooting the repatriation of Cpl Keating. For those that haven't heard, he was one of four soldiers killed by a suicide bomber on a bicycle in Southern Afghanistan. He was from Saskatoon. It was a strange event to cover. I had press creds so I was in the bull pen with the rest of the media. One positive side was that many people showed up along the fence surrounding the base to offer support and wave flags.



On a lighter note, last weekend I shot Fred Penner. Yes, you read that right. Fred Penner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another sad day for Canada. I hope that there doesn't have to be any more repatriation ceremonies... but if I am in Belleville when another happens, I hope I will be able to cover it.

PS. Throw in a good word for me to Frank! I'm still trying to get word back from him regarding next year's PJ stuff.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 2:43:00 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

You shot Fred Penner?!?!

You mad man. What did Fred Penner ever do to you?

Okay, that was a joke. I had no idea he was still alive.

That's cool you got to photograph him though. :)

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home